Saturday 24 May 2008

Mirror, mirror…. who’s the slimmest of the all?


After Kareena Kapoor and Ayesha Takia shedding their body weight, buzz is that Om Puri has joined the bandwagon. The weight loss fad is catching on like fire in Bollywood.

Om Puri who has been visiting health clinic for the last few weeks says “I had developed a paunch. When I saw myself in Don, I realised how hideous I was looking. I’ve been working on it. I’ve already lost about nine kilos, and I intend to knock off another nine in the next few months.” On being asked about his formula he likes. “Diet mainly, but I’m also taking medical help. Five years ago I underwent a back surgery, the same one that Shah Rukh Khan did.”

But actress Bipasha Basu holds a different opinion. She seemed to be very concerned about this trend of unhealthy weight loss in Bollywood. “For god’s sake, don’t starve yourself to stay in shape. It gives you a prematurely aged look. Eat, sleep and live well. And avoid getting obsessive about losing weight.” she says.

While actor Aryan Vaid boasts “Most of them doctor their abs to make them look perfect before the camera. There’s a lot of coloring and contouring going on to make the abs look prominent on those midriffs. Very few actors have authentic six-abs. I do,”It seems that Bollywood is walking on the foot steps of Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment