Monday 19 May 2008

Rajpal Yadav to fight ‘The great Khali’




Dalip Singh aka Khali could not get a warmer welcome in Bollywood. He already has two films in his hold. Also May 16 proved to be indeed doubly lucky for him coz of two reasons- one being the announcement of his film ‘Kushti’ and secondly for receiving an IFDB (International Federation Diploma in Body Building) award. To be directed by Rajeev Kumar and made under the banner of Venus Films, ‘Kushti’ also stars Rajpal Yadav, Asrani, Nargis and Manoj Joshi.

Shedding some light on the storyline Rajpal informs, “The story set in a village revolves around a postman played by me who is trying to get his gal (Nargis). Unfortunately, for him, her father is a wrestler and wants his daughter to marry one too, which happens to be Khali. Now in order to marry Nargis I have to fight Khali and defeat him.”

Rajeev Kumar is all praises for Khali and says, “Khali is an extremely down to earth and professional guy. He gave his 100% to the film. Initially, I was quite apprehensive as to how will things shape up considering his huge body and attitude but he got into the skin of the character very easily that things eventually started falling in place.”

The wrestler talking about his experiences said, “I had been flooded by many offers before but due to constant warnings about the corruption in bollywood I withheld myself from signing films.” He goes on to add, “However, after meeting Rajeev Kumar and Rajpal Yadav, all my fears vanished and I had a wonderful time working with them. Kushti is a musical film and I hope my Indian audiences watch and at the same time like it.”

Kushti is in its post-production period and is expected to release this year.

Source : http://www.bollywood-stars.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment